Friday, April 17, 2009

The Obligatory Tire Swing

Hey there! How are you? Glad you're here for a visit. Would you rather have hot coffee or iced today? Shall we wander into the back yard and take a look at Matt's tire swing?
If you grew up in the country, you know that a tire swing is an important part of childhood. Because I have fond memories of the tire swing at my grandparent's farm, I wanted to make sure my son had one as soon as possible. Candace and Drew hung it for me. It was so gratifying to see the joy on his face as he first climbed onto it.
What childhood memories have inspired special gifts for your children?

1 comment:

  1. When we moved to our new home in KY I purposely looked for a place to hang a tire swing for our grand-child, but none available. How fortunate you are to have a tree available with the right height branches facing to right way :)
    I do have a little shovel he likes to dig in the garden with.... does that count? (smile)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...